It’s that time of year again. As we get closer to the end of 2017, more and more lists and summaries of the last twelve months will pop up. The first social media platform to wrap up 2017 was Instagram with its “Year in Review”. Although the data was not published in the form of a deep, sophisticated report, it still provides some insight into what was popular on the top photo sharing social network. Among the shared bits of information were the most often used hashtags and the hashtags that gained the most popularity in 2017:
Top hashtags of 2017:
Hashtags that increased most in popularity throughout 2017:
Instagram also published data on the most often used filters, most popular celebrities and most often liked posts (which came from the most popular celebrities, of course). We also got to know the most Instagrammed cities and locations, and even the most followed pets. There was another piece of interesting information that should be mentioned — accounts with the most viewed Instagram Stories:
- LeLe Pons (@lelepons)
- Neymar Jr. (@neymarjr)
- Olga Buzova (@buzova86)
- Kim Kardashian (@kimkardashian)
- Amanda Cerny (@amandacerny)
- Chiara Ferragni (@chiaraferragni)
- Maluma (@maluma)
- Anitta (@anitta)
- Ariana Grande (@arianagrande)
- Kourtney Kardashian (@kourtneykardash)
For the full report, you can visit Instagram’s official blog.
Another summary of 2017 focusing on the visual side of digital media has been published by YouTube. YouTube Rewind is a seven-minute clip packed with the most noticeable trends from this past year. YouTube reports that it features “nearly 300 creators, viral stars, musicians and surprise guests from over 20 countries”.
The company also stated that this year’s top 10 trending videos have gathered more than 630 million views, which amounts to over 40 million hours of streaming. And what are these clips? You can find the full list below. And no, we have not forgotten about a certain Puerto Rican singer who managed to make history with the most watched YouTube video of all time.
Top 10 trending videos on YouTube in 2017:
- Until We Will Become Dust – Oyster Masked (ตราบธุลีดิน – หน้ากากหอยนางรม) | THE MASK SINGER 2
- ED SHEERAN – Shape Of You | Kyle Hanagami Choreography
- Ping Pong Trick Shots 3 | Dude Perfect
- Darci Lynne: 12-Year-Old Singing Ventriloquist Gets Golden Buzzer – America’s Got Talent 2017
- Ed Sheeran Carpool Karaoke
- Lady Gaga’s FULL Pepsi Zero Sugar Super Bowl LI Halftime Show | NFL
- “INAUGURATION DAY” — A Bad Lip Reading of Donald Trump’s Inauguration
- history of the entire world, i guess
- In a Heartbeat – Animated Short Film
- Children interrupt BBC News interview – BBC News
Top 3 music videos on YouTube in 2017:
- Luis Fonsi – Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee
- Ed Sheeran – Shape of You [Official Video]
- J Balvin, Willy William – Mi Gente (Official Video)
Would you like to receive the latest news from Okimo Clinic? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter by clicking here.