Mikko Hyppönen of F-Secure continues as the top ICT influencer in Finnish social media. Not only does Hyppönen have the largest follower-base on Twitter, his actions also drive considerable amounts of engagement and his views are widely spread.
Influence is one of the key performance indicators used when measuring thought leadership in social media. Tools such as Klout measure social influence, but these tools often fail to give a realistic view on true influence. Influence is not simply a number of Twitter followers or the amount of content published through a social media channel. This is why we’ve developed a performance indicator, Okimo Impact, which measures influence by taking into account components such as exposure generated by social media activities, interactions and overall context.
Again this year, we’ve taken a look at the Tivi top 100 ICT influencers and analysed their social media presence using the Okimo Impact performance indicator. Compared to the 2014 results, there was only one change among the top 3, as Member of Finnish Parliament Jyrki Kasvi jumped from fourth place to second, bumping Tero Kuittinen down to fourth. This year, the list was once again topped by F-Secure’s Mikko Hyppönen, followed by Member of Parliament Kasvi and then Rovio’s Peter Vesterbacka, each of whom have extremely active social media presences and widely shared content. Only three new influencers made it to the top ten: Ville Miettinen, Aki Antman and Kauto Huopio. Last year, there were two women in the top ten, but this year, the first female influencer, Heli Helskyaho, is found in 12th place.
Top ICT influencers in social media
- Mikko Hyppönen, CRO, F-Secure (9.4)
- Jyrki Kasvi, Member of Parliament (3.6)
- Peter Vesterbacka, Mighty Eagle, Rovio (3.5)
- Tero Kuittinen, Managing Director, Magid Associates (3.1)
- Ville Miettinen, Entrepreneur (2.5)
- Taneli Tikka, Head of Industrial Internet, Tieto (2.1)
- Ville Peltola, Director of ICT industry at the Federation of Finnish Technology Industries (2.0)
- Aki Antman, CEO, Sulava (1.3)
- Mårten Mickos, Investor and Entrepreneur (1.3)
- Kauto Huopio, Chief Specialist, Kyberturvallisuuskeskus (1.1)
The research was conducted in October 2015.